Counselling would normally take place at my therapy room on Friar Lane in Nottingham. Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. It does mean that we can work online, on the telephone or outdoors. A combination of these ways can be considered too.
Each session lasts an hour and, unlike face to face sessions, it is a joint responsibility to create a quiet and confidential therapeutic setting for our time together.
As a humanistic, integrative therapist I believe that healing leading to change is possible through meaningful contact between therapist and client. My aim is to provide clients with a safe environment in which a trusting therapeutic relationship can be established, developed, and maintained. A more comprehensive explanation of humanistic therapies can be found on the Counselling Directory website.
How I can help
I believe that each person is a unique human being and appreciate that counselling means different things to different people. With the help of counselling, clients can explore various aspects of their lives, understand their problems and then try and resolve them.
With the aid of counselling you can:
- Set and achieve goals.
- Think about aspects of your life you may wish to change.
- Consider situations from a different perspective.
- Speak about painful secrets with a view to letting those secrets go.
- Develop and grow by working towards reaching your full potential.
- Gain insight into feelings, behaviour and thoughts.
- Take control of your life by learning and developing coping strategies.
- Seek solutions to your own problems and make informed decisions.
- Manage and adapt to situations that cannot be altered e.g. the death of a loved one or terminal illness.
- Look at ways to resolve personal and interpersonal conflicts.
- Create positive changes.