I offer the blended approach when offering therapy sessions: face to face, online, telephone and walk and talk.
Face to face sessions take place on Thursdays following the government COVID-19 guidelines for working safely indoors.
Fridays are allocated for walk and talk sessions.
Each session lasts an hour. Please bear in mind that for therapy sessions that take place over the telephone and online it is a joint responsibility to create a quiet and confidential therapeutic setting.
As a humanistic, integrative therapist I believe that healing leading to change is possible through meaningful contact between therapist and client. My aim is to provide clients with a safe environment in which a trusting therapeutic relationship can be established, developed, and maintained. A more comprehensive explanation of humanistic therapies can be found on the Counselling Directory website.
How I can help
I believe that each person is a unique human being and appreciate that counselling means different things to different people. With the help of counselling, clients can explore various aspects of their lives, understand their problems and then try and resolve them.
With the aid of counselling you can:
- Set and achieve goals.
- Think about aspects of your life you may wish to change.
- Consider situations from a different perspective.
- Speak about painful secrets with a view to letting those secrets go.
- Develop and grow by working towards reaching your full potential.
- Gain insight into feelings, behaviour and thoughts.
- Take control of your life by learning and developing coping strategies.
- Seek solutions to your own problems and make informed decisions.
- Manage and adapt to situations that cannot be altered e.g. the death of a loved one or terminal illness.
- Look at ways to resolve personal and interpersonal conflicts.
- Create positive changes.